23 days agoNacho hands Real Madrid heavy injury blow

first_imgNacho hands Real Madrid heavy injury blowby Paul Vegas23 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNacho has handed Real Madrid a heavy injury blow.The defender has suffered a ligament injury to his right knee during their 2-2 draw with Club Brugge last night.AS says the setback could see Nacho sidelined for three months.The defender has been played at left-back this season by coach Zinedine Zidane. About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img

17 days agoNakhi Wells keen on QPR stay

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Nakhi Wells keen on QPR stayby Paul Vegas17 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNahki Wells would welcome a permanent switch to Queens Park Rangers.The Burnley striker has excelled during his second loan spell with West London, having scored seven goals this season.Asked about joining QPR permanently, Wells said: “That’s all stuff that’s beyond any of my decision-making of course.”But I think the club, the fans, the board – everyone knows what my decision would be.”I love it here, it feels like home to me.”Of course football is a business though and there’s a lot more that goes into it than just me saying I’d like to stay here.”But if it was possible I wouldn’t hesitate one bit.” last_img read more

Songa Shipmanagement Gets KR Cyber Security Certificate

first_imgzoomImage by WMN Songa Shipmanagement has underwent a cyber security audit and became the first company to achieve certification by Korean Register (KR).KR said that it has certified the company to be fully compliant in all areas. Songa’s cyber security certification audit has been conducted over the last six months, and the company has passed 87 inspection items in 18 categories such as human management, risk management, asset management, response and recovery.“A robust and comprehensive cyber security reponse and active protection against any cyber attack has become essential to ensure the safety of vessels and their crews and to protect organisations across the maritime industries,” said Jeong-ki Lee, CEO of KR.The audit examines the organisation’s processes to ensure they meet industry standards, satisfying all the requirements of the IMO, OCIMF TMSA (Oil Companies International Marine Forum Tanker Management Self Assessment) and RIGHTSHIP under the direction of the CCSO. KR will now certify the operational cyber security of Songa Shipmanagement’s fleet.The company manages and operates 23 chemical/oil tankers and is the first KR cyber security certified company that has developed and implemented a comprehensive cyber security management system able to respond to all kinds of cyber incidents.KR established its cyber security certification process last year (2018) in accordance with international security standards ISO 27001, IEC 62443, NIST framework and in line with International Maritime Organization (IMO) and BIMCO’s cyber security guidelines.last_img read more

American pipeline protesters demonstrate outside Trudeau meetings

first_imgSAN FRANCISCO – Opposition to Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline has followed Justin Trudeau to sunny California, where protesters demonstrated Friday outside the hotel where the prime minister was holding meetings with top state officials.About a dozen protesters made up of local climate change activists held signs demanding Trudeau reverse his decision on the project, chanting anti-pipeline slogans from across the street.Three of the protesters briefly got inside the hotel and demonstrated with their backs up against the wall directly outside the room where Trudeau met with California Gov. Jerry Brown.Trudeau has given no indication he’s willing to back down from the project, pledging to get it built one way or another.One of the protesters, Vanessa Butterworth, said Trudeau must to back up his talk about protecting the environment and climate by rejecting the Kinder Morgan pipeline.“If you want to be a real climate leader, you’re going to have to live up to your Paris agreement and say no to Kinder Morgan or the communities are going to shut it down,” said Butterworth, who is from Toronto.The message was different than the one Trudeau received inside the stately hotel first from Brown, and then his deputy Gavin Newsom, who is a favourite to replace Brown at the end of the Democrat’s term.During staged photo-ops, Brown said his state and Canada had much to do while the White House was “temporarily missing in action in terms of climate action.” Newsom thanked Trudeau for his leadership “at a time when that’s not lost on many of us in the political sphere out here.”California and more than a dozen other states have moved ahead with carbon pricing schemes, including a cap-and-trade system with Ontario and Quebec. Brown said he wants to forge other agreements with various provinces, and push for growth in zero-emission vehicles.Tensions around the development of the controversial $7.4-billion pipeline project escalated last week when the B.C. government announced plans for more consultations on oil spill readiness and a limit on increased diluted bitumen shipments until it can be confident of response measures.Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer asked for an emergency debate on the pipeline impasse, but deputy Speaker Bruce Stanton told him the issue does not meet the criteria.“The House of Commons should discuss all options in order to put an end to this crisis,” Scheer said in French in the House of Commons.Earlier during question period, Kim Rudd, the parliamentary secretary for the minister of natural resources, said Canada won’t let B.C. kill off the pipeline.“Any decision by the B.C. government to limit the flow of bitumen through the pipeline would be outside the province’s jurisdiction,” Rudd said.Protester David Turnbull, with Oil Change International, said Americans are also worried about what could happen to the waters along their western coast if Kinder Morgan is built.“The Kinder Morgan pipeline, if it was built, would increase the tanker traffic along the west coast, including in the United States along Seattle’s bay as well,” Turnbull said.“We’re concerned that the Kinder Morgan would both imperil our climate and also imperil our coast lines as well.”last_img read more

Construction firm accuses province of botching build of Grande Prairie hospital

first_imgEDMONTON – The construction firm fighting with the Alberta government over the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital says the province has crippled the project with slapdash planning, poor budgeting and bad faith negotiations.In a statement, Graham Construction said Alberta Infrastructure has been ordering so many design changes that completed work has had to be torn down.“Until the scope changes stop, and sufficient budget is provided, no construction manager can properly establish a final cost or properly plan and complete the project,” said Graham.The company sent the statement in response to a demand issued Monday by Infrastructure Minister Sandra Jansen on the $763-million hospital.Jansen said the Calgary-based firm is on track to miss the completion deadline at the end of this year, and has asked the province for an extra $120 million with no justifiable reason.She has given Graham until Aug. 22 to deliver a plan to get the project back on schedule or see its $510-million contract cancelled.But Graham, in its statement, said it had previously warned the province that the hospital couldn’t be done under the current budget given the design changes.It said that since December 2016 the project has experienced more than 600 change orders and more than 400 design clarifications. There were 63 design changes and 34 new scope clarifications in June 2018 alone, it said.“Many changes required demolition of completed work to accommodate the new scope, affecting project cost and schedule,” said Graham.Graham said it has been trying to work with Jansen’s office in recent months only to see meetings cancelled and not rescheduled.It said Jansen’s claim of a request for an extra $120 million is false.Graham said it had warned the project could be up to $85 million short and, at the request of Jansen’s office, put in a recent estimate to complete the project that included a $35-million contingency fund — two figures that would equal the $120-million ask.Jansen disputed Graham Construction’s allegations and called the tone of the news release “unfortunate.”She said the province and Graham renegotiated the hospital deal in December 2016, and last month’s $120 million ask was a trigger for the dispute.“On July 24, we received a request in writing for an additional $120 million over and above the existing $510-million agreement without any documentation explaining the request,” Jansen told reporters on a conference call Thursday.“That is really part of the reason that we issued the notice of default on Monday.”Jansen didn’t take issue with the number of changes, but said such amendments are not unusual for a large project and none would have affected the bottom line or the timeline.She dismissed the accusation her office is avoiding meetings, saying they continue to conference regularly at multiple levels.She said she still hoped to get a workable plan from Graham by her Aug. 22 deadline.The shell and roof of the hospital have been completed, along with insulation and windows. Construction on the inside is 70 per cent done.last_img read more

Grains mostly higher Grains mixed

first_imgCHICAGO — Grain futures were higher Friday in early trading on the Chicago Board of Trade.Wheat for Dec. delivery was rose .20 cents at $5.3420 a bushel; Dec. corn was up 2 cents at $3.7740 a bushel; Dec. oats fell 3.20 cents at $2.8920 a bushel; while Jan. soybeans gained .40 cent at 9.0640 a bushel.Beef was mixed and pork was higher on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.Dec.live cattle rose .55 cent at $1.1970 a pound; Jan. feeder cattle was off .05 cent at $1.48 a pound; Dec. lean hogs was up .20 cent at .5490 a pound.The Associated Presslast_img read more

Miller Mayhem Fundraiser

first_imgAs well as music there will be a Silent Auction, 50/50 Draw, Guitar Raffle, Refreshments and Midnight Lunch as ‘Dale takes the lead on ALS.’There will be Safe Rides to and from the event.In October 2018, Dale Miller was given the diagnosis of familial Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). A very rare condition, the incidence of ALS in Canada is 2/100,000 and of those cases, 5-10% is the familial type of ALS. There are only about 150-300 people in Canada with familial ALS.A GoFundMe Account has been set up in Miller’s name as the Account says, ‘With ALS, everyone’s situation progresses in an unpredictable fashion but leads to the same outcome. This is a fatal condition and there is no hope for a cure in Dale’s lifetime. Dale’s remaining time will include a gradual, but certain, decline in mobility and independence.’The Account goes on to share Dale has been unable to work since his diagnosis and having lived a life of modest means and hard work, often seasonal in nature, financial resources are extremely limited. Dale and Pam are already trying to prepare for the financial and emotional challenges they will need to face together.Dale and Pam have lived and worked in the Fort St. John, BC, area for many years. Many know Dale as a musician as he has been actively engaged in the live music scene around town, playing in various ensembles, both formally and informally, (some of you may know him as “Sea-legs” or “Silverback” or “Big Sexy”). FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Miller Mayhem Benefit Event is set to help raise funds for Dale Miller and his battle with ALS.The Fundraiser has been set to take place at the Taylor Curling Club on Saturday, May 11th, 2019 from 7 pm – 1:30 am. Entry to the Event is by Donation.Several local musicians will be performing the night such as Rob Fraser, Cory Hipkiss, Airik Clark, Smokey Roads, Inroads and Rob Doucette and friends. To view the GoFundMe; CLICK HERE To view the FB Event; CLICK HERElast_img read more

BJP made someone who used word Hindu terror minister: Digvijay

first_imgBhopal: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh claimed Saturday that the BJP made the person who used the term “Hindu terror” in official parlance a Union minister. He was apparently referring to R K Singh, a Union home secretary during the UPA regime who later joined the BJP and became minister. The BJP has often targeted Digvijay Singh for `tarnishing the Hindu community’ by using the term Hindu or saffron terror. Prime Minister Narendra Modi Friday defended the BJP’s decision to field Pragya Singh Thakur, Malegaon blast accused, from Bhopal Lok Sabha seat, saying it was a symbolic answer to all those who falsely bracketed the rich Hindu civilisation as “terrorist”. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ Modi was apparently referring to Digvijay, who is the Congress’ candidate from Bhopal. “I think they do not have the knowledge of Hindu civilisation. The person who, as home secretary, issued a statement with the word Hindu terror was given Lok Sabha ticket by the BJP and was made a Union minister,” Singh told reporters here. “Will (BJP chief) Amit Shah speak about it?” the former Madhya Pradesh chief minister asked. Amid the political row over the term Hindu terrorism, the Congress had pointed earlier that it was used by Union minister R K Singh when he was home secretary. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&K Digvijay also said the word Hindutva did not exist for him. “Why do you use the word Hindutva? The word does not exist in my dictionary,” he said. The Congress leader refused to comment on the Election Commission’s notice to Thakur over her remark that former Maharashtra ATS chief Hemant Karkare died in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack because she had cursed the police officer for torturing her during the blast probe. “Ask the EC. Why are you asking me? I don’t want to get into it,” the Congress leader said. Asked if he was now in “silent mode”, Singh, known for kicking off controversy with his provocative statements, replied amid laughter, “Have I taken a contract to create news?” Interestingly, Singh, whose outlandish theories about the Mumbai attack and the Batla House encounter have incurred him the wrath of the right wing, has desisted from making any comment on Thakur’s comment on Karkare.last_img

INS Ranjit to be decommissioned on May 6

first_imgNew Delhi: INS Ranjit, an Indian navy destroyer built by erstwhile USSR, will be decommissioned on May 6, officials said on Friday.The third of the five Kashin-class destroyers, it was commissioned in 1983 and has rendered service to the Navy for over 36 years. “On May 6, a glorious era of INS Ranjit, being the frontline missile destroyer of the Indian Navy, is going to end,” the Navy said in a statement. The ship will be decommissioned at a solemn ceremony at the Naval dockyard in Visakhapatnam. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra SinghThe ceremony will be attended by personnel who have served onboard the INS Ranjit in the past, and officers and sailors from the commissioning crew, it said. The chief guest for the ceremony would be Lieutenant Governor Andaman and Nicobar Islands Admiral (retired) Devendra Kumar Joshi. “INS Ranjit was constructed as Yard 2203 in the 61 Communards shipyard in the town of Nikolev in present day Ukraine. The keel of the ship was laid on June 29, 1977, and she was launched on June 16, 1979,” the statement said. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroadThe ship was given its Russian name ‘Lovkly’, which means agile, and was commissioned as INS Ranjit on September 15, 1983, with Captain Vishnu Bhagwat at the helm, it said. The officer went on to serve as the chief of naval staff during the period 1996 to 1998. In her maiden sortie, the destroyer traversed through the Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Red Sea and Arabian Sea, the statement said. The ship has the distinction of serving in both the western and eastern seaboard and has been the Flag Ship of both the western and eastern fleets. INS Ranjit took part in PASSEX with the US Navy in 1991-92 which was a precursor to the Malabar series of exercises with the US Navy.It also took part in the first INDRA (India-Russia) exercise with the Russian Navy in 2003, according to the statement. The ship also participated in the first ever SAREX with the PLA Navy in November 2003. The ship in 2007 took part in the first ever Malabar exercise in the Pacific Ocean as well as the first ever INDRA series of exercises in Russian waters, the statement said. The ship was actively deployed as part of the Navy’s relief operations post the 2004 tsunami and cyclone Hud-Hud in 2014. In recognition to her service to the nation, the ship was awarded the Unit citation in 2003-04 and 2009-10, the statement said. “As the sun sets on May 6, the Naval Ensign and the commissioning pennant will be lowered for the last time onboard INS Ranjit, symbolising the end of the Ranjit era in the Indian Navy,” it said.last_img read more